If you’re trying to get healthy, you’ve probably heard nutritionists and supplements talk about superfoods. Skinny Greens by SkinnyFit is a powder version designed for you to take it in the morning easily.
Our team wanted to look into this powder supplement to answer some questions. Does Skinny Greens work? Can it help your digestion, your immune system, and you lose weight? What are the side effects?
To answer these questions, we’re looking at the ingredients, benefits, and more in this Skinny Greens review.
Who Makes Skinny Greens?
SkinnyFit is the creator of SkinnyGreens. You might know them from their SkinnyFit Super Youth and SkinnyFit Detox Tea. This Denver, CO-based company focuses primarily on weight loss products. Besides that, it’s hard to find any information about them online.
How do I contact SkinnyFit?
You can reach SkinnyFit’s customer service team via phone or email 24/7. Their customer service team are trained Nutritional Coaches certified by NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine).
Email: [email protected]
What does it claim to do?
According to its marketing, Skinny Greens claims it has three main health benefits:
- It helps you lose weight: It’s hard for many people to eat their daily recommendation of veggies. SkinnyFit designed Skinny Greens to give you your recommended dose of vitamins so you can move on with your day and focus on the things that matter.
- Immune health and energy: The supplement claims that it boosts your immune system and makes you more energetic. With all the vitamins and nutrients in the powder, it makes sense that it could have these benefits.
- Reduces Bloating: Vegetables help keep us healthy and our weight under control, but they also help digestive health minimize bloat.
Skinny Greens Ingredients
This wouldn’t be a Skinny Greens review unless we broke out the ingredients. There are 34 ingredients in Skinny Greens, which is quite long for a supplement. Let’s take a look at a close look at a few of the most important ones.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is very well known for its health benefits. Here are just a few of them:
- ACV improves the health of your skin and hair.
- Certain studies show that it improves the heart health of animals.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and can help you manage diabetes.
- It helps you lose weight.
If you’re interested in ACV, there are many ways to take it. Check out our review of an ACV gummy if you want to learn more!
Green Tea Leaf Extract
Green tea is an awesome source of antioxidants, and of course, caffeine. Caffeine is known for its thermogenic properties that boost your metabolism, burning calories, and helping you lose weight. It’s a common ingredient in supplements like ThermoFight X.
Matcha is another form of green tea that has been processed and ground into a fine powder. Besides containing caffeine, which properties we’ve already discussed, it contains five times the l-theanine as regular green tea.
L-theanine is an amino acid with the unique ability to move across the blood-brain barrier. This ability lets it speed up your metabolism and energize you quickly and efficiently.
Skinny Greens contains, chlorella is a type of algae that’s full of nutrients. You can’t consume it in its natural form due to its hard cell wall, but you can digest it in powder form.
It potentially has numerous excellent health benefits:
- It binds to heavy metals, pulling them out of your body helping detox you.
- There needs to be more research, but scientists believe it could enhance your immune system.
- Ingredients like Niacin, fiber, carotenoids, and antioxidants might lower your cholesterol and improve your heart health.
- Normalizes blood pressure by boosting heart and kidney health.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity in some studies.
Spirulina is a cyanobacterium that grows in fresh and saltwater. Like chlorella, it’s packed with a ton of nutrients that could have many health benefits:
- Antioxidants can repair DNA and cells.
- Scientific studies found that spirulina can prevent cancer, particularly oral cancer.
- Alleviates nasal inflammation, reducing your allergy symptoms.
- Improves muscle strength, fights anemia, and much more.
Spinach Leaf Powder
You make Spinach powder with grounded, dried spinach leaves. Like spinach, it contains many nutrients like calcium, iron, folic acid, and protein, which have many health benefits.
One of the more critical benefits, particularly regarding why you’re likely interested in SkinnyFit, is that it contains a ton of fiber. Fiber dramatically improves your digestion, which is tied to weight loss and blood pressure.
Rhodiola Root Powder
Rhodiola has a long history in Arctic and Northern European medicine.
It is known as an “adaptogen,” which supposedly helps your body adapt to outside stressors. There’s no real science backing this up, but it does have some other health benefits. It may improve learning and memory, protect your cells, and improve your heart health.
Typically used in smoothies and juices, wheatgrass packs a punch. It contains iron, calcium, magnesium, and tons of vitamins that will improve your health.
Turmeric Root Extract
If you love Indian food, you’ve tasted Turmeric in curry. People also commonly use Turmeric’s roots for medicinal purposes. It has a wide variety of health benefits like lowering cholesterol, treating depression, and helping with inflammatory bowel disease and heartburn.
Ashwagandha Root Powder
Like Rhodiola, Ashwagandha Root Powder is an adaptogen, which science doesn’t support. It can lower cortisol levels, provide anti-cancer benefits, reduce stress and anxiety, and increase muscle mass.
It’s hard to cover every ingredient in our Skinny Fit Skinny Greens review, but it includes a lot of other ingredients to improve your gut health and metabolism:
- Coconut water powder
- American Ginseng Root Extract
- L bulgaricus
- L. paracasei
- L. salivarius
- L. rhamnosus
- L plantarum
- L. casei
- Lemon juice powder
- Alfalfa powder
- Moringa leaf powder
- Artichoke extract
- B. Longum
- B. breve
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Acacia fiber
- Lactase Cellulase
How Does It Taste?
We’ve all tried supplement powders that taste horrible. It’s the most difficult part of working them into your routine. It doesn’t matter how healthy a supplement is, if it tastes terrible, you’re going to struggle. That’s why covering flavor is important in our SkinnyFit Skinny Greens review
Skinny Greens uses green apple flavoring. Looking at customer SkinnyFit reviews, people have mixed feelings. Some people love the taste, and some people hate it.
The good news is that there are similar alternatives that you might like more. Here are a few other well-reviewed options:
- Beyond Greens by Livewell has a Matcha flavor that many people find more palatable.
- Athletic Greens by Athletic Daily isn’t specifically flavored, but customers report that it tastes great.
- Primal Greens by Primal Harvest is grainy but pleasant tasting according to customer reviews.
What Are Skinny Green’s Side Effects?
Most people report no adverse side effects when taking Skinny Greens. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that it can seriously impact your digestion.
Like most powder supplements, you’ll definitely notice some changes that might seem alarming, but is your body adjusting to the excess fiber and other nutrients.
SkinnyFit recommends you cease using the products immediately and contact your doctor if the side effects are severe.
Does Skinny Greens Work?
When you look at Skinny Greens’ ingredients, there’s a connection between some of them and weight loss, improved energy, and digestion, but does Skinny Greens work?
Despite that the connection, you’ll likely not lose much weight taking this supplement. The metabolism boosts and improved digestion will help some, but you probably won’t see much of an improvement.
Skinny Greens’ ingredients will improve your overall health, though. People who want to lose weight would be better off monitoring their caloric intake and exercising.
How Do I use Skinny Greens?
Skinny Greens is straightforward to use. Just pour a single scoop into juice, a smoothie, or eight-plus ounces of water. You should only drink one scoop per day, or you might feel some adverse digestive effects.
Where can I buy Skinny Greens and how much does it cost?
You can buy Skinny Greens directly from the SkinnyFit website or a third-party ecommerce site like Amazon.
A bottle of Skinny Greens costs $79.95, which is pretty expensive, especially if you look at the number of servings per bottle. There are only 30, which equals 2.60 per scoop.
This price is pretty high when you compare it to similar products. You can bring the price down if you do buy a $59.96 subscription.
The good news is that it does have a 90-day money-back guarantee if you’re dissatisfied in any way.
The Pros and Cons of SkinnyFit Skinny Greens
In this SkinnyFit Skinny Greens review, I thought it’d help to boil things down. Let’s look at the pros and cons of Skinny Greens:
- It packs a ton of nutrients and may slightly contribute to weight loss.
- Skinny Green’s side effects aren’t negative except those related to digestive changes.
- The 90-day money-back guarantee takes a lot of risks away from the purchase.
- Ingredients help with digestive health and provide you with energy.
- It’s expensive compared to similar superfood powder products, even with the subscription.
- You won’t lose much weight using only this product. You’re better off adjusting your diet and exercise if you’re having trouble losing weight.
- The flavor reviews are mixed, which is likely to be a deal-breaker for many people.
- Customer Skinny Greens reviews say that the bottle comes half full, which is misleading packaging.
What Are Other People Saying?
For a powder supplement, Skinny Greens by SkinnyFit has excellent reviews on Amazon. One thousand five hundred people gave the supplement 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Many people reported that they had lost weight, felt less boasted, and had more energy, which is what the supplement is supposed to do!
The most common complaint is that the container comes half full. People felt that this is misleading, and it resulted in many people returning the product even if they enjoyed it. The second most common complaint is that people hated how it tastes.
Is Skinny Greens Worth It?
The most important question we’re trying to answer is does SkinnyFit Skinny Greens actually work? If you’re looking to lose weight and expecting a lot out of Skinny Greens, you should temper your expectations. No supplement is a silver bullet for weight loss, and you’re better off adjusting your caloric intake and exercise schedule.
If you want a supplement that could help with digestion and make you healthier overall, then, by all means, try it. Many ingredients are scientifically proven to improve your health, so what do you have to lose?
- The Blue Fugates: A Kentucky Family Born with Blue Skin - August 17, 2021
- The Disturbing True Story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin - August 16, 2021
- The Story Behind The Lamborghini and Ferrari Rivalry - August 16, 2021